14 July 2013

Spool O'Thread

spool of thread drawing

I have this bad habit of storing needles by sticking them into spools of thread, instead of a needlebook.

hands and spool of  thread

As with a lot of my bad habits, I started it because I was lazy. Unlike a lot of my bad habits, I continued it...

drawing a needle sword

...because it means I get to pretend I'm unsheathing a sword (alternatively: pulling a sword from a stone) like, every time I go to hand sew something.

Of course, a sewing needle's a little small for me to wield as a pseudo-sword, not to mention that it rests in a spool of thread on the table instead of a sheath by my hip. It occurred to me, while drawing the above needle-unsheathing-scene, that there are far better—ahem—candidates, for wielding a needle-sword.

That is my only excuse for the following bit of ridiculousness.

spool of thread needle sword comic

what are you looking at

Not a very polite swords-spool, but I think that's all right.

8 comments:

  1. udabest. Urban Dictionary: "A word used to describe how you feel about another, when everything about them is just simply the Best."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try, try, try to keep my needles nicely organized but what usually happens is that they are left in the spool as well. I did just hear of a great way to organize thread - with hot wheel boxes ($4 at Walmart). These gems hold 60 plus spools in a box!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. x) Glad I'm not the only one who does it. (And I should probably look into that method...my boxes right now hold about 15 each, at most!)

      Delete
    2. Hey Nothy! How have you been?

      And aw, yeah, I didn't mean to neglect this blog. I'd been looking for work all summer, and then in August my jobsearch really picked up (I just started a new job last week!) so I got caught up in that. I have been sewing, though, and reading others' blogs!

      And now that I'm settling in at work I'm hoping to start posting again soon. thanks for the call-out :)

      Delete
  3. Gah-not into the thread! Although the comics are awesome. Just make a little thing out of felt or something (like this and your needles and thread will thank you!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I had the feeling I'd strike horror into the hearts of conscientious sew-ers with this one. Is this a bad time to confess I don't have a single pincushion either?

      Delete